The Salisbury Recreation Precinct is located amongst the beautiful surroundings of the Salisbury Little Para trails. It features a 25m and 50m outdoor swimming pools as well as a toddler pool. A great venue for the entire family equipped with a playground, free electric BBQ’s and large shaded grassed areas, kiosk and friendly staff! The Salisbury Recreation Precinct is a great venue for the entire family, why not make a day of it and take a dip this swimming season!
We are open from mid-October through to April each year and is the ideal place to cool off during the hot summer months.
Fully supervised by qualified lifeguards. The facility hosts a range of programs from learn to swim for all ages, fully catered birthday parties, school carniavals, and Inflatable fun days. Lap swimming is available 7 days a week. Group bookings are also available.
For more information about learn to swim click here
Providing a range of great options, we expect this pool to be a big hit with competition swimmers, fitness swimmers, school groups and swimming clubs. The shallow end of the pool (starting with 1m depth) will be popular for learn to swim, free play and water exercise programs. Removable lanes ensure that our members and casuals have plenty of swimming space.
Learn to Swim Pool
Specifically catering for beginner and intermediate swimmers, this dedicated pool will allow tuition to all ages and abilities. Completely covered but still outdoors learning to swim is bound to be a great experience.
Under 5’d only slides, what could be more fun for toddlers and youngsters alike? enjoy watching and supervising your child/children as they enjoy all kinds of water adventures that will keep them entertained whilst you have time to relax.
The Pool Inflatable is available at certain times, generally during school holidays. Times and dates will be advertised via the News & Updates Page and our Facebook page.
Appropriate Swimwear Policy
Salisbury Recreation Precinct is committed to safe swim practices. The intent of having a safe Swimwear Policy is to maintain a clean, safe and inviting environment for all patrons.
Clothing, other than swimwear, can create problems with water clarity, pool disinfectant and the water filtration system, which may impact the safety of our patrons and staff.
Only recognised swimwear must worn in the water
- Adequate and hygienic recognised swimwear must be worn at all times in the water.
- Infants are required to wear recognised waterproof Aqua nappies.
- Rash shirts are recognised as swimwear.
If you do not wear the appropriate swimwear you will be asked to leave the water. Inappropriate swimwear includes and is not limited to:
- Street clothes
- Street footwear
- Sport/gym clothes
Aqua nappies are available for purchase at reception. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Watch Around Water Policy
To help address the concern regarding the supervision of children at public aquatic facilities, Salisbury Recreation Precinct has implemented the ‘Watch Around Water’ program. This has been developed to educate the public about adequate supervision and to encourage parent/guardians to take on this responsibility when visiting a public aquatic facility.
Therefore the following safe supervision policies must be adhered to:
Children under 5 years old
- Will be issued a yellow wristband from reception upon entry.
- Children under 5 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Adequate supervision requires the parent/guardian to accompany the child in the water and remain within arm's reach of the child at all times.
Children under 10 years old
- Children under 10 years old will not be admitted without an appropriate parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must be 16 years or over and adhere to all conditions of entry.
- Children under 10 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian while in the aquatic area of the centre.
- The parent/guardian must position himself or herself to have a clear view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child.
Children 13 years and under
- Children under 13 years old will not be admitted without an appropriate parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must be 16 years or over and adhere to all conditions of entry.
Unsupervised children (of any age) will be removed from the water if the lifeguard is concerned for their safety
1. The supervision of children in aquatic facilities is not the sole responsibility of lifeguards
2. Lifeguards are employed on a 1:100 ratio; this is based on the expectation that parents will provide direct supervision of children
3. Parents are required to provide the constant and direct supervision needed for young children