Swimming Lessons for Children
Salisbury Recreation Precinct has partnered with Swimming Australia to bring you a new and effective swimming and water safety program, focused on experiential and activity-based learning.
GOswim swimming lessons empower students to think, discuss and decide whilst having fun in and around water.
The curriculum covers seven areas of learning that are combined and presented as activities to enhance student development. Key learning areas include:
- Entries and exits
- Floating and sculling
- Movement, propulsion and stroke development
- Personal survival
- Underwater skills
- Rescue and emergency
- Water safety knowledge
Students Gain Access To
Enjoy weekly swimming lessons throughout the year for 24 weeks.
Easy and Affordable Payments
With weekly payments, swimming lessons are more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system.
Communicate and stay in touch with your child’s progression, learning activities and outcomes via the Splash App.
Two Weeks FREE
Enjoy free family swim access for two weeks over summer period.
The GOswim program is fully integrated into Swimming Australia's Splash App to enhance parent communication with the Salisbury Recreation Precinct swim school team.
Features of the app include:
- Parents identifying and tracking students’ progress through our clearly defined pathway.
- Availability of digital encouragement awards as students’ progress through each stage and element of the program
- Parents gain access to online information enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, learning activities, learning outcomes and other assessment criteria.
- Parents gain awareness of student application of knowledge, skill and understanding of swimming and water safety.
GOswim FAQs Expand all
GOswim Caters To
- Preschoolers - Children aged 3.5 - 5 years
- Primary school aged children - Children aged 5 years and above
- Adult swimming lessons
It's never too early or late to learn how to swim! Our program ensures students learn and understand personal survival and water safety elements at all ages.
Other Benefits Include:
- Establishing a strong and effective swimming technique
- Becoming empowered to think, discuss and decide
- Enhancing knowledge, skill and understanding
- Supported by professionally qualified teachers
Membership fees are due and payable via direct debit. This fee covers the cost of the lesson and holds the student’s place in class. A separate document detailing terms and conditions related to direct debit payments is available from reception.
Essentials for Each Lesson
- A towel
- Goggles or cap, if the student prefers
- A swim nappy if your child is not toilet trained
- Students membership card and rewards card
- A happy and cheery smile with lots of energy
The membership fee secures your place within the program class.
At the Salisbury Recreation Precinct we offer a make up lesson if we are notified prior to the lesson that will be missed. Please call us on (08) 8286 0900 if you are going to miss a lesson.
Unfortunatly as we are an outdoor pool, we are subject to the elements and cannot offer make up lessons due to weather.